Friday, February 4, 2011

Knit One, Purl Two

Several Christmas' ago my aunt gave me some knitting needles, a ball of pink yarn, and a beginners knitting book. At first I was excited, mainly because the yarn was pink and well let's be honest, what is there not to love about something pink! I had never knitted anything before but I was willing to give it a whirl. I attempted a few tries of casting on and knitting a few rows (not pretty rows I might add) and quickly was ready to set that hobby aside and never touch it again.
There is one thing to understand about me and the women in my family, they are all VERY crafty. Needless to say, I should have loved the thought of knitting and all that it entails, but I did not...at first.
Several weeks ago it hit me (the knitting bug, that is). I'm not sure what triggered the desire to pick up those needles and yarn but at this point I'm glad it did. I am now head over heels for knitting! I have bought several balls of yarn and some awesome needles and begun my journey into the knitting world. I haven't finished a project yet, but I have started a couple and I can't wait to actually have something to show off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment